A standard serving of wine is five ounces at 12% alcohol by volume. This means you get:
- Five glasses per 750ml/26oz bottle
- Seven glasses per 1 litre/35oz bottle
- 10.5 glasses per 1.5 litre/52oz "Magnum"
Follow three steps when estimating your needs:
- Calculate how many people will be drinking at the event.
- Multiply this number by four (to give you the maximum number of standard drinks you will need).
- Translate the number of standard drinks into cases of spirits and bottles of wine.
- 100 "standard drinks" = approximately
- Beer - 100 x 341ml / 12oz bottles
- Wine - 20 x 750ml / 26oz bottles
Suppose you expect 200 people to be drinking at your event. The recommended number of drinks you need is 800 (4 x 200). Let's further suppose that you expect about half of the people to drink beer and the rest to be divided between spirits and wine. The 800 "standard drinks" required would be divided as follows:
- 400 bottles of beer (4 x 100)
- 40 bottles of wine (2 x 20)
- 12 bottles of spirits (2 x 6)
Remember to please drink responsibly and don't drink and drive.